Frequently Asked Questions
Should I use GET or POST?
The Address REST API requires GET requests.
How many requests per second can I perform?
The following default rate limits apply to all API tiers:
- International Address API
- 35 requests per second
- Dutch Postcode API
- 150 requests per second
If you require more than our default rate limits, please contact us.
Why do I receive a 404 error if the address is not found?
We use HTTP Status codes to classify success or error reasons.
- Positive result found.
404 Not found
- No result found, address does not exist, etc.
400 Bad request
- Missing or invalid parameters. This often indicates a request which could've been prevented by doing client side parameter syntax checks first.
- Missing, invalid or disabled credentials.
429 Too Many Requests
- You are performing too many requests per time period. See the rate limits.
- Only relevant for the exact search, see the method documentation.
Browser clients and JSONP support
You're responsible for keeping the secret safe. Unwanted use could result in an upgrade of your subscription and thus extra costs.
I am getting a warning about SSLv3 when connecting
Our services are only available using safe HTTPS implementations. We do not support the older SSL(v3) protocol when communicating over HTTPS, instead use the more secure TLS protocol (v1.0-v1.2). Most internet communication libraries will support TLS automatically.